Suffering from anxiety can be debilitating. Once an anxiety attack hits, it is hard to control the worry, the panic and the endless spiral of anxious thoughts. Anxiety is scary because it can take over many aspects of your life. Anxiety can easily get out of control if you allow it.
Being a perfectionist myself, I am frequently anxious. I am an over-thinker and an over-worrier. Calming my anxious mind takes effort and awareness on my part. But I don’t want anxiety to control me – that is why I use practical tips for controlling anxiety that I’ve found in these books. If you suffer from anxiety, worry and panic, the following books will be helpful for dealing with anxiety!
1) Don’t Let Your Anxiety Run Your Life – Using the Science of Emotion Regulation and Mindfulness to Overcome Fear and WorryDavid H. Klemanski PsyD, Joshua Curtiss MA, Stefan Hofmann PhD
Studies now show a direct link between emotion regulation and anxiety. Based in the latest research from a Yale University psychologist and professor, the simple yet powerful mindfulness tips in this book will help you stay calm, collected, and make significant improvements in your everyday life, whether at work, at home, or in your relationships. Read more at New Harbinger…
Overcoming anxiety is no easy feat, but I am done with it running my life! This book showed me that my emotions are directly connected to anxiety. After all, I already knew that I am HSP (highly sensitive person) and can be very emotional. Using the mindful practices in the book, I can work to regulate and manage my emotions to control my anxiety. The “outsmarting anxiety skills” throughout the book have given me the knowledge and power to overcome anxiety!
2) The Antianxiety Food Solution – How the Foods You Eat Can Help You Calm Your Anxious Mind, Improve Your Mood, and End CravingsTrudy Scott CN, James Lake MD
3) Calming the Rush of Panic – A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Guide to Freeing Yourself from Panic Attacks and Living a Vital LifeBob Stahl PhD, Wendy Millstine NC
4) In This Moment – Five Steps to Transcending Stress Using Mindfulness and Neuroscience By: Kirk D. Strosahl PhD, Patricia J. Robinson PhD
In This Moment will show you how to find a sense of calm and serenity using a breakthrough, evidence-based program grounded in mindfulness and neuroscience. Imagine feeling stressed, and being able to work through it by paying attention to your thoughts and feelings, moment by moment, no matter where you are or what you’re doing. Read more at New Harbinger…
5) Natural Relief for Anxiety – Complementary Strategies for Easing Fear, Panic, and WorryEdmund Bourne PhD, Arlen Brownstein ND, Lorna Garano
6) Coping with Anxiety – Ten Simple Ways to Relieve Anxiety, Fear, and WorryEdmund Bourne PhD, Lorna Garano
If you are dealing with anxiety, stress and worry, you are not alone! I have made great progress in fixing my anxiety with these 6 Books for Anxiety. Each book has different tools and insights, giving solutions to dealing with anxiety, fear and worries. Don’t let anxiety rule you, pick up one of the anxiety books and be rid of anxiety for life! You deserve it!