A night out with my husband is always a treat. Recently, we enjoyed a date night at one of our favorite restaurants, Bonefish Grill to try out their new dishes on their seasonal menu. We love that we live close to the Bonefish Grill in Westminster, CO – it is often a date night destination. (Find out if you are close to Bonefish Grill here). Right now Bonefish Grill has some tasty new selections to spice up summer that you won’t want to miss!
What’s new at Bonefish?
- Creole-Style Redfish – Do you love the taste of NOLA? If your taste buds crave the New Orleans creole flavors, you’ll want to try the creole-style redfish! Redfish is a new type of fish on the polished casual favorite’s menu. It is a mild sweet fish with a medium firm texture. Introduced in the 1980s by famed chef Paul Prudhomme it is now a New Orleans kitchen favorite. Bonefish Grill’s Creole-Style Redfish is topped with crawfish — a fresh water crustacean similar in taste to lobster and very popular in the South — then accented with a creole-style sauce and served with sweet corn spoonbread.
- Crab Topped Wood-Grilled Atlantic Cobia – The Crab Cake Topped Cobia is a delicious combination of flavors. The Atlantic Cobia is a interesting flavored fish, sweet and slightly firm, with a light flake. Served with a jalapeño bacon cream sauce it is finished with jalapeño slices and served with jasmine rice and French green beans.
- Fresh Maryland Soft Shell Crabs – It is a treat to have this delicacy crab which is only available 3-6 weeks a year! The Soft Shell Crab is sautéed crispy, stuffed with a Maryland-style crab cake. When it is an entree it is served with choice of two fresh sides.
- Cedar Plank Norwegian Salmon – Fresh from Norway! This fish in high in good fat, Omega 3 fatty acid and has a velvety texture. Roasted on a red cedar plank, it is topped with a fresh, light citrus, honey-based dijon glaze and served jasmine rice and a vegetable medley of asparagus, spring peas, pearl onions and button mushrooms.
- Kate’s Wild North Atlantic Haddock – This nostalgic favorite of loyal Bonefish Grill guests features this mildly sweet, wild white fish — cut in-house — garlic crumb dusted, wood-grilled, topped with feta, artichokes and a lemon basil butter sauce. Comes with sides of mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Pomegranate Sage Martini – Reyka small-batch vodka, fresh sage simple syrup, 100% POM Wonderful pomegranate juice, fresh lemon juice and finished with a fresh sage leaf.
- Wild Orchid Hawaiian Martini – Cruzan Guava rum, pineapple juice, Zico coconut water and the island flavors of desert pear and coconut. True to Hawaiian form it is served with a floating orchid (edible)!
We had a lovely evening dining at Bonefish Grill. Our table was waiting for us when we arrived. This is always nice when you have a reservation and you actually get seated for your reservation on time! We started with drinks and Bang Bang Shrimp. I got a dinner salad with the house dressing.
For dinner, I ordered off the gluten free menu and decided on the Lily’s Chicken. I’d never ordered this before – it has goat cheese, spinach and artichokes! Yum! It was so delicious – I don’t know how I am going to ever order anything else again! Dan ordered from the seasonal menu. He opted to try the Crab Topped Wood Grilled Atlantic Cobia. It was a unique fish flavor that he’d never even heard of before!
Lastly, we always get dessert at Bonefish Grill. The Macadamia Nut Flourless Brownie is our favorite! It is a gluten free dessert that we both love to share. The brownie and ice cream combination is always a delicious way to end the evening!
Have you been to Bonefish Grill?
What new menu items sound the best to you?