Happy New Year!!
… A Coupon Resolution …
I am newbie in the coupon world (about 9 months of clippin’ for me)… and I have a lot to learn. None-the-less friends are constantly asking me about deals and prices, because they know I like to save money.
In the last (almost) a year I have learned a lot about how to save tremendous amounts of money and one of my New Years resolutions is continue to be even more saving-savvy.
Here is what I’ve learned, my Newbie-Couponer Guide:
- There is a coupon for (almost) everything – not just for groceries. Go out and get em!
- The internet is loaded with coupons: Coupons.com, Restaurant.com, Groupon, Etc.
- A subscription to the Sunday paper is absolutely necessary for collecting coupons.
- Don’t forget magazines, blogs, mailers and neighbors unwanted newspapers – ask first!
- ORGANIZE COUPONS
- Develop a organizing system – I use a 3-ring binder and baseball card sheet protectors.
- Be prepared when going to the store, write a list of the deals and the coupons you’ll use.
- Follow blogs like Deal Seeking Mom and Hip2Save that pre-arrange the deals for you by store!!
- Keep the coupons with you (they do no good sitting at home!)
- Shop at stores that double coupons (double the savings!)
- Target accepts manufactured coupons and Target coupons… score!!
- Sales + Coupons = Best deal possible
- You can use a B1G1 (buy on get one) free coupon with a B1G1 sale = 2 for free!!
- No matter how hard you try, sometimes generic brands without coupons will be cheaper in the end!
Oh one last thing, stockpiling can turn into hoarding all-to-quickly, therefore know the difference and donate the extras! Well, there you have it, that is what I learned about being a new couponer, so bring on 2011 …let’s save more money!