This year was the first time I’d ever stepped foot in Missouri. It was a quick trip – a mer 24 hours, but I still crammed as much as I could into that short amount of time that I spent in St. Louis. We did the whole tourist Gateway Arch thing (duh!), Citygarden, shopped at the local second hand stores and ate at some delicious restaurants.
Beyond St. Louis, there is a lot more to see of the state. I plan on going back sometime to see the rest of the state – the big cities like Branson and Kansas City and the small towns and many state parks.
Missouri has a lot to offer for families, adults-only, singles and more. There is the big cities and the small more intimate destinations.
Missouri is great for an adult getaway:
• Many relaxing bed & breakfast options
• Over 100 wineries (it’s one of the oldest wine-producing states in the U.S.)
• Branson. Need I say more?
Missouri is great for an outdoorsy getaway:
• 51 state parksto explore
• Float trips on the river
• 225-mile Katy Trail (America’s longest rail-to-trail hiking/biking trail)
• Plenty of hunting and fishing
Missouri is great for an adventurous getaway:
• Nine zipline locations across the state
• Mutliple caves to explore – Missouri is “The Cave State”
• Scuba diving at Bonne Terre Mine (the world’s largest freshwater dive resort)
I would love to do it all! I cannot contain my travel bug, and it looks like there is a ton more to see in Missouri than what I’ve already seen. I love that Missouri has some very active places full of entertainment and amusement, as well as some serenity all within it’s state borders. I feel a road trip coming on!