One day I am in Chicago and the next day I am in Guadalajara. I go from time zone to time zone over night, sometimes I wake up and don’t know where I am! Ah, is the life of a flight attendant.
I am only home about half the month and that means I don’t have time to be sick! (Who does?) If I am beginning to feel under the weather on one my precious days off , I do everything I can to keep the cold at bay.
Here are 5 things I do to get better fast so I can spend more time with my family.
Five Tips to Ward off Sickness
1. Sleep – Getting sleep isn’t always easy when there is a lot going on. But getting a good night’s rest just might be the puzzle piece you are missing to keep you healthy. It is miraculous how good I feel after a night of the right amount of sleep.
2. Water – Since I am on a plane a lot, I know how important it is to stay hydrated. It keeps your sinuses working and your body in balance. Have you know, I follow this rule, but lightly. I hate water… so I always add just a splash of cranberry or a package of flavor to make is more pleasing!
3. Modern Medicine – It is pretty amazing what impressive tools there are out there to helps us stay healthy and speed up recovery. During the cold and flu season, sometimes getting sick is unavoidable. One symptom treater I use is, Vicks DayQuil & NyQuil .
4. Eat right – Avoiding sugars. Instead load up on vegetables! Green foods do more than just give you a slimmer figure, it keeps your body regulated and gives your body the nutrition it needs to stay strong and running like a well oiled machine.
5. Positive Attitude – I bet you haven’t seen this one on many lists like this have you? It is my own opinion that a lot of things result from a bad/good attitude. If you think you might be getting sick, just happy thoughts… happiness and positivity just might turn things around!
Vicks knows that in order for us to care for our families, we must first take care of ourselves. As the #1 pharmacist recommended brand for adult cough, cold and flu relief, Vicks DayQuil & NyQuil provides sickness for the day and night.
Remember consult with a doctor and follow proper course of treatment when trying new medicine. DayQuil & Nyquil are not recommended for children younger than 12. Consult a doctor before giving DayQuil & NyQuil to children. When using DayQuil & NyQuil, be sure to follow the usage guidelines for warnings and dosage directions.
How Vicks Has Helped Me
Vicks helps me get through the day and night a lot easier when I am feeling under the weather. Vicks along with the tips above ensure that I am better quicker. I speed up the process by giving myself the proper water, food, medicine, sleep and keeping a positive attitude! So, next time you are sick… try out these tips for a fast recovery!
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Vicks DayQuil & NyQuil. I received product samples and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.