Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
I am OBSESSED with turmeric. It is a miracle spice!
Within the last few months I have been adding more and more turmeric to my diet. I went from taking turmeric pills daily, to now regularly adding the spice to my drinks and food! I really enjoy the flavor it adds!
So why turmeric?
Turmeric is a miracle spice. It is an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory spice that has been linked to lower rates of Alzheimer’s. It is powerful and deters the common cold and flu. Take turmeric during the first signs of a sore throat, congestion or headache – and you will see how amazing this stuff is!
There are a few recipes for Turmeric Tea or Turmeric Milk a.k.a. “Golden Tea”. Some have honey, some don’t. Some are made with just water and some have a milk or milk substitute. I have tried a few ways to make this magical concoction, and this is my go-to perfect recipe:
Simple Turmeric Tea
Turmeric Tea Ingredients:
- 2 cups of Almond Breeze cashew almond milk blend
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (or more! Add as much as you can handle – quite ZING-Y!)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of pepper (helps absorption)
Directions for Tumeric Tea:
- Combine cashew/almond milk, turmeric, ginger, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir while bringing to simmer — small bubbles will form on the sides.
- Turn down heat, continue to stir and cover for 10 minutes for the best infusion.
- Pour mixture into a blender and add the honey. Blend well. (Makes it creamy and frothy!)
- Serve warm (return to stove if needed).
I love to make Turmeric Tea before bed, it’s so comforting! I will also fill up my cup with turmeric tea when I am feeling a little under the weather. Oh! It is great when my tummy hurts or I am having IBS issues too! And let’s be honest, this stuff is so amazing I have no problem drinking it all day!
It is a creamy drink of delicious flavor!
P.S. – Some people think turmeric is bitter. But don’t worry! Simmering the turmeric for 10 minutes makes the turmeric lose that bitter taste! So tasty!
P.P.S. The Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend is perfect for this recipe because it is extra creamy!
Giveaways with Almond Breeze!
In line with the new launch of the Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend, Almond Breeze is doing some fun giveaways! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com.