Wow! We are almost 1/2 way through 2012… you probably have forgotten your weight loss New Year’s resolutions… Or are you still sticking to them? (Major props if so!) Maybe you are motivated again to get back into the routine because summer will be here soon?
If you have ever tried a gym membership and it wasn’t for you, I feel your pain and you are not alone! It isn’t for me either. I don’t like a few things about the gym routine. Quite frankly, gyms intimidate me. I don’t know how to work half of the machines and on the other half I pretend like I know or copy someone else. There are people that are on these crazy missions and I feel like I am in their way. Or someone is waiting for the machine I am on and I need to rush and get off of it! Not to mention there is always the one person with the horrible body odor. Or what about the creepy lurkers? I hate the creepers – you can’t tell if they are checking you out or ready to kill you in the parking lot…
LOL, that is how I really feel about the gym! Personally, I’d rather workout in my clean, sanitary, safe, quiet, non-intimidating home or hotel room! So when I heard of the Journey Gym, a portable gym you can bring with you – I was intrigued!
Here are the basics: The Journey Gym is like a workout in a briefcase! It is portable, lightweight and everything you need for a workout! The Journey Gym comes with:
* 30 resistance bands (five on each side plus ten additional bands) for a customizable resistance system of 5 to 75 pounds per side.
* One set of adjustable handles so resistance only begins when you are in the correct position.
* Full set of legs which are used to raise the gym into a stair stepper for a full cardio workout.
* A workout DVD specifically designed for the gym with a 5 minute set up video, a 10 minute circuit tone workout and a 20 minute circuit strength workout.
* A free online community at www.journeygym.com where you are able to create exercise videos, track your activity and nutrition, and share your progress with friends and family.
* Free shipping and handling for orders in the U.S. and Canada.”
The portable gym is easy to set up and takes just a few simple steps! You unfold, put on the legs if you choose, and attach the bands. The resistant bands on each side of the gym give you variety in the workout. There are different bands depending on your workout strength and fitness level. You can use just one band or all the bands. The carabiner lets you hook the bands for anywhere from 5-75 pounds of resistance on each side.
After you have it all set up, you can do your own routine or you can make one up through the handy Journey Gym site. Their innovative online software lets you choose workouts, music, and will develop your own workout catered to your needs! They cover 70 video clips of basic moves for this product (you can do them at your own pace)!! I can decide what parts of my body I want to focus on that day – or what parts I am not sore from the day before! It is a really neat, cool, fantastic system for making your own routines! And the online community is totally free!
I like this gym for a few reason:
- It is much cheaper than joining a gym or buying an entire weight set and bench for your home.
- It is portable (only weighs 14lbs!)
- It is comprehensive and multi functional – circuit training, cardio and strengthening!
I found this gym is small enough in size that it is very convenient for travel and for storage. You also won’t need a ton of space in your house to use it. It fits behind our couch or under our bed – you could also store it behind a door or in a closet. I don’t know of any full gyms you can do that with! The Journey gym is a very unique fitness product.
I really liked that is is my own personal gym at home – and no I don’t feel like I have to go to the gym! I like spending time with my family and I can do this at home. With the Journey Gym you workout on your own terms.
I also feel like it is great for people in all stages and skill in their of workouts. For those who know what they are doing, and those that don’t! For those who are weak or strong! Even for those who are recovering from injury (just make sure you ask your doctor)!
You have to do what works for you. Otherwise you wont benefit from it because you’ll probably quit it or hate it. That’s me. I hate the gym. I have done workouts at home, DVDs, hand weights, etc… but this product is designed for circuit training – cardio and strengthening combine!
Who would like the Journey Gym?
- Great for travelers – because it is mobile and lightweight
- Great for business people – take it with you just like a briefcase
- Great for moms – cant be running off to the gym while your kids are taking naps, just pull this out and get mini workouts in, but still be home for the kids
- For those people that need a little motivation – the website is a community to encourage you through your workout journey and answer questions you might have. There are TONS of videos to watch and workouts to follow.
A lot of people don’t have space for a huge weight bench, bike, and a treadmill! I know we don’t! Not to mention they are kind of ugly in the family room, unless you have a designated workout room in your home… so this is just right!
Health is a journey… begin yours today! Your body will thank you!
Wanna get your own? You can either purchase your Journey Gym via a one-time purchase of $249 or over a course of 4 payments with the initial payment being $29 and then 3 subsequent payments of $82.
Connect with Journey Gym:
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/thejourneygym
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/#!/journeygym
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/journeygym
- Website – http://www.journeygym.com/
- Disclosure: No compensation was given for this review. I did receive a sample product from the sponsor for the purpose of this honest review. This did not affect the outcome of this review. All opinions are 100% my own. For full disclosure click here.