This weekend was my baby shower and this yummy appetizer was a total hit! I can’t take the credit though, I just showed up to enjoy, and of course to snag the recipe from my mom. She knows how to host a dinner party like nobody’s business. This recipe is sure to make you look like you’ve been slaving in the kitchen all day and I like that it is different from a lot of other basic appetizer recipes.
Olive Tapenade & Goat Cheese Crostini
- 3/4 cup prepared tapenade (you can make your own if you’re really feeling adventurous!)
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 5 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese
- In a small bowl, stir together tapenade, thyme, walnuts, and currants. Spread each crostini with 2 teaspoons goat cheese; top with 2 teaspoons tapenade mixture. Garnish with thyme tips.
Bring your platter of these tasty crostini’s to any event and they will be gone in no time!
* This recipe comes from Marthastewart.com*