Disclosure: I was sent a Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ with Smooth BOOST.
Thinking about a new blender? Trying to decide what blender to get? I’ve got all the details on the Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ with Smooth BOOST blender. Let’s dig in deep – so you don’t need to look any further for a review of the Ninja blender!
Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ Compact System – BL492
- Auto-iQ™ One Touch Intelligence features timed, intelligent blending programs that do the work for you, no guesswork required!
- 1200-Watt motor with Smooth Boost™Technology
- Precision Processing allows you to create anything from chunky salsa to 1 pound of dough at the touch of a button.
- Enhance the smoothness and customize blending capabilities with Smooth Boost™ Technology.
- Nutrient & Vitamin Extraction* AND High-performance Blending all in one base.
The Nutri Ninja comes with the main base unit and quite a few accessories, including all the Nutri accessories that are interchangeable. The Nutri Ninja Compact System has everything needed for juices, smoothies and recipes made in the blender. The accessories in the Ninja Blender include:
- Motor Base Unit
- Nutri Ninja Cup (2x)
- Stainless Steel Ninja Cup
- Sip and Seal Lid (3x)
- Pro Extractor Blades
- Blend and Prep Bowl
- Blend and Prep Lid
- Chopping Blade
- Dough Blade
Motor Base Unit
The Nutri Ninja Motor Base Unit has a powerful 1200 watt motor. The bottom has 4 suction cups to keep it still and secure on the counter surface. The Auto-IQ technology can sense what container is on the motor base, and the function lights will illuminate depending on the container. Literally – you just put in the container, twist it securely and the machine turns on – illuminating the buttons that work for that container!
The button settings include:
- Start/Stop – manual setting that runs at high speed for 60 seconds.
- Pulse – hold down for burst of high-power blending. Helps prevent over blending or over processing.
- Low – manual setting that runs at a slower speed for 30 seconds. Good for heavy recipes, like dough.
- Smooth Boost Yes/No – special feature when using the Auto-IQ EXTRACT and Auto-IQ BLEND. Used too control consistency and to achieve a ultra smooth and creamy result. If you desired more texture and fullness, choose Smooth Boost “No” instead of “Yes”.
- Auto-IQ EXTRACT – used for blending hard, leafy, fibrous whole fruits and vegetables. Nutrient extraction is a \powerful blend able to blend whole fruits and vegetables, including skin, seeds and and stems.
- Auto-IQ BLEND – best used for milkshakes, protein smoothies, soft-fresh fruit smoothies and frozen cocktails. Not best for hard or fibrous ingredients.
- Auto- IQ CHOP – setting composed of consistent, timed pulses and pauses, which can be used for a range of recipes including salsa, ground meats, salad toppings. When ingredients have reaches the desired consistency, press CHOP again or Start/Stop.
The Nutri Ninja Auto-IQ Compact System comes with 3 Nutri Ninja Cups – two plastic cups and one stainless steel. Each Nutri Ninja cup is 24 oz. and has a “fill to here” line marked. The Nutri Ninja cups all use the same interchangeable blade and lids. The Nutri Ninja plastic cups and sip and seal lids are all BPA free and dishwasher safe (top rack recommended). The Sip and Seal lids are great for on-the-go drinks. The stainless steel Ninja cup is not dishwasher safe.
To use the Ninja cups, (1) First, you screw on the pro extractor blade clockwise until you have a tight seal. (2) Turn the cup upside down and lower on the the motor base. (3) Lastly, turn the cup clockwise to lock it into place.
Blend and Prep Bowl with Lid
The Ninja Blend and Prep Bowl is larger that the Nutri Cups. This unit is better for large batches. It is BPA free and dishwasher safe (top rack recommended). It can be used with both the chopping blade or the dough blade. The lid has a handle and closes securely when the handle is pressed down. The lid has a pour spout.
To use the Ninja Blend and Prep Bowl, (1) First, place the Blend and Prep Bowl on the base and turn clockwise to lock into place. (2) Next, holding the blade assembly by the top of the shaft, insert it into the pitcher *Very sharp blades*. (3) Lastly, align the arrows on the lid and handle, then lower handle to lock into place.
Chopping blade and dough blade both work with the Blend and Prep Bowl. The blades are not locked into place. The blade sits in the Blend and Prep Bowl loosely, so if pouring without the lid, make sure the blade is removed. When using the dough blade, don’t do more than 1 lb. of dough at a time, the motor may overheat.
To use the Chopping and Dough Blades: (1) Always handle the blade at the shaft. (2) place inside the bowl (3) Add ingredients (4) Secure the bowl lid onto the bowl. (5) Plug the posed cord into the electrical unit and start the unit.
How to Load the Blender
When it comes to loading you blender, the order is everything. Blenders run better when they are loaded properly. Ensuring the best blend, starts with the correct way to load the blender. If you remember anything, remember the harder more dense foods go near the blades and the softer foods, further from the blades. Here are the steps for loading the Ninja Nutri Blender:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables (best cut in 1-inch chunks)
- Leafy greens and herbs
- Liquids and yogurts
- Dry and sticky ingredients, like seeds, powders, nut butters
- Ice and frozen ingredients
Nutri Ninja Setting Tips
- Auto IQ Extract: Use for leafy greens, fibrous fruits and vegetables, seeds and ice.
- Auto IQ Blend: Use for milkshakes, frozen drinks, smoothies, sauces, and soups.
- Auto IQ Smooth Boost: Use with Extract or Blend for finest breakdown, very smooth and creamy results.
- Burst: Crush ice to make snow using the pulse feature in quick, short bursts until snow-like!
This recipe is a delicious green smoothie recipe – right from the Nutri Ninja inspiration guide! The Nutri Ninja Compact System comes with an 30-recipe inspiration guide that has smoothies, dressings, soups, pesto and even curry chicken salad! All the recipes look so good, and I will be making them all, slowly but surely!
This Lean Green Ninja combines 2 types of lettuces – kale and spinach and some sweet fruit to make a really tasty smoothie! The Auto-IQ Smooth BLEND worked perfectly! After loading in the ingredients and pushing the Auto-IQ BLEND, I just sat and watched it count down from 60 seconds, while it blended the fruit, lettuce and ice like a PRO! I am so impressed with it’s power!
- 1/2 small ripe banana
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh mango chunks
- 1/2 cup kale leaves
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1. Place all ingredients into the 24 ounch Nutri Binja in the order listed.
- 2. Press Auto-IQ BLEND
- 3. Enjoy!
- Do not overfill past the “max fill” line.
- Do not blend hot liquids.
- Remove the blade when pouring without the lid.
- Use cation handling the blade, it is sharp!
- Never leave appliance unattended when in use.
Additional Accessories Available
The Nutir Ninja Compact System has some great accessories 24-48 oz. However, if you are wanting more options, there are many additional accessories that work with the main motor unit. You can buy all additional Ninja accessories at www.ninjakitchen.com.
- Pitcher with Lid (64 oz.)
- XL Multi-Serve (48 oz.)
- Nutri Ninja Cups (12 oz, 18 oz., 32 oz.)
- Spice and Coffee Grinder (12 tsbp.)
Help with Your Ninja Blender
- Ninja Blender Purchase: www.ninjakitchen.com
- Ninja Blender Questions: 1-877-649-5288
- Ninja Blender Product Demos: YouTube
- Ninja Blender Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram