So a few months back, I replicated a simple recipe for Bruschetta from the Pillsbury website. It was truly a simple and delicious recipe, so I thought I would share it with you (with some of my minor edits to it!)
I changed a few things, that I think make the recipe a little better… Here you go!
Easy Bruschetta Recipe – with Pillsbury pre-made dough/bread
· This is a great go-to appetizers for family or friends. It is easily one for the quickest recipes for bruschetta! Enjoy this classic Italian treat!
Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
6 teaspoons olive oil
4 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 tube (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent rolls
3/4 can (6 oz) pitted ripe black olives, drained
3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- Heat oven to 375°F. Brush a large cookie sheet with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil; sprinkle the sheet evenly with 2 teaspoons of the sesame seeds. Unroll dough triangles; place over sesame seeds, pressing the seeds into the dough. Place all pieces on cookie sheet, with enough space in between each.
- Brush dough with 2 teaspoons of the oil; sprinkle evenly with remaining sesame seeds (2 1/2 teaspoons). Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, place olives and remaining olive oil (3 teaspoons). Process until olives are very finely chopped.
- Spread olive mixture over partially baked crust. Top with cheese and then tomato. Bake for 5-7 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown.
- Best when served warm. Enjoy!
This appetizer is a winner! I plan on making this recipe again and again!