I am amazed by the number of people that are gluten free today. And the numbers are growing. Not only that, people are avoiding gluten with various measures of diets like Atkins, Paleo and more.
Brands that make cookies, crackers and chips have had to change their outlook to start accommodating for the large number of people that are going gluten free. One brand that has been a leader in the cross over is Betty Crocker.
A few years ago I told you about the line up of many delicious gluten free products from Betty Crocker. This included gluten free brownies, gluten free cookies and gluten free cakes. Well now I am here to tell you that there are two new additions to the line of baking products – Gluten Free Sugar Cookie mix and All-Purpose Gluten Free Rice Flour Blend. And hopefully more coming!
To promote the new additions, I thought I would share a delicious recipe with you for the Betty Crocker’s version of Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe:
Betty Crocker Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 1 box Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas 2 medium
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch or 8x4-inch loaf pan with shortening.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, mashed bananas, butter and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 9-inch loaf 55 to 60 minutes, 8-inch loaf 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Place sheet of foil over loaf to prevent overbrowning.) Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool about 1 hour before slicing.
Sounds tasty, right? I am always looking for easy gluten free recipes, and this fits the bill! You can find more simple gluten free recipes on BettyCrocker.com
Connect & Purchase:
- Betty Crocker on Facebook
- Betty Crocker on Twitter @bettycrocker
- More recipes and product information: http://www.bettycrocker.com/glutenfree
The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.