Tropical Traditions! (great company and great products!) is offering my readers yet another giveaway! This time they are offering the tasty: Whole Golden Flax Seed.
Have you ever tried Flax Seed? I’ve heard a lot about the health benefits of it, but had never tried it before. Study after study confirms that the oil and fiber components of flaxseed have wonderful health benefits…
- * Flaxseed oil is one of the richest sources of OMEGA-3 fatty acid, Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) an ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID (EFA). This fatty acid is considered essential, meaning that your body cannot make it but requires it and so must derive all of it from the diet. The average American diet is lacking in this fat.* Flaxseed contains very high amounts of DIETARY FIBER, both SOLUBLE and INSOLUBLE. Golden Flaxseed is 28%-35% fiber, 1/3 of which is soluble, and the other 2/3 insoluble. Soluble fiber also plays an important role in maintaining the “good bacteria” in our bowel, like Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bifidobacteria. Insoluble fiber increases the bulk of stools.
* Flaxseed is an outstanding source of many essential nutrients, including: proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, folate, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, magnesium, potassium, iron, thiamine, copper, zinc, calcium and phosphorus.
* Golden Flaxseed is unique in that 48% of its total fat content is omega-3 fatty acids.*
RECIPE: Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Coconut Quick Bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey (if using solid honey melt first)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Black pepper, to taste
- Flax seeds (optional), to taste
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon garlic powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 – 1 cup shredded cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Blend all ingredients except cheese in a food processor (or whisk by hand) until there are no lumps. If the batter is a little dry just add a tablespoon of water as needed. It should be a pretty moist, almost pourable batter. Stir in cheese. Pour into greased bread pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until done (toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
My opinion on flax seed
Flax seed is easy to incorporate into many drinks and meals. It can be mixed into juice or water. Or can easily be added on top of dishes including: baked products, stir-fry dishes, soup or stews, cereal and yogurt. I like that flaxseed contains NO GLUTEN for those with gluten allergy. As well as the important health benefits. It is easy to use and good for me. What’s not to like?
Free Virgin Coconut Oil Book with purchase!
Tropical Traditions has a terrific referral program. If you make a first-time purchase and say you were referred by a friend (me) User ID: 6417979 on your online order you will receive a FREE copy of Virgin Coconut Oil Book -it has over 85 recipes! By using my ID, I will receive a coupon for a product. If you do use my ID – Here is my HUGE THANK YOU in advance!
Disclosure: No compensation was given for this review/giveaway. I did receive a sample product from the sponsor for the purpose of this honest review. This did not affect the outcome of this review. All opinions are 100% my own. For full disclosure click here.