Last summer I traded out my old washer and dryer, and traded up for a Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer. If you want to read more about my experiences with the Whirlpool Duet check out my below FOUR posts and YouTube video, because I’ve got a lot to say about them!
- My First Whirlpool Review Post: “Whirlpool Wash Team Test Drive & WithOurBest.”
- Second Whirlpool Review Post: “When you love laundry, you just know it.”
- Third Whirlpool Review Post: “Chocolate is hazardous, Whirlpool saves.”
- Fourth Whirlpool Review Post: "Dear Whirlpool Duet, You’re special, I give you hugs daily."
- Watch my Whirlpool YouTube Video
I have no doubt that this high efficiency washer and dryer has saved me both time and money. The Whirlpool Duet has a drum that can fit comforters, sleeping bags, and more. I save time because I am doing about 1/2 as many loads as I was with my old machine! With features like the precision dispense (saves time measuring detergent), wrinkle guard (saves time ironing!) and stain settings (saves time with pre-wash, pre-stain), laundry is easier than ever.
Having the right washer and dryer, like the advanced Whirlpool Duet is great for making small or large loads of laundry easy. But also, there are other things you can do to help you laundry load, be less of a LOAD! Because life is busy and the to-do lists are great, you can simplify your crazy home life with a few laundry tips (so you can have more family time and more time for fun!)
Simplify Your Laundry Life Tips
1. Laundry Shoot – I love having a laundry shoot from our master bedroom closet/hallway to the laundry room. This saves my back from bringing loads down the stairs all day. I just open it up – and whoosh – all the clothes drop into the laundry room (Now if there was only a way to do going up the stairs too!)
2. Rubberbands – When my husband stains his shirts, he puts them in the laundry bin with a rubber band around them (yes I said rubber band). The rubber bands sit conveniently beside the bin, so he can quickly wraps his shirt/pants with them. By doing this, when I am loading the laundry, I know right away that the item has a stain. I take extra care of the rubber band items, and don’t miss them on accident, since they are bundled up. This saves me time, not having to look at every piece of clothing that goes in. Instead of inspecting everything, I know all things rubber banded, have a stain!
3. Involve the Kids – If you have kids, get them involved – have them separate the colors and whites while you pre-stain! Or have them unfold the socks and shirt sleeves. Having the little ones help, can save you time, so you can spend more time playing with them!
These are just a few of my laundry tips, but of course there are dozens of tips out there for doing laundry. But I’ve got to say, having a laundry machine that has settings and features that help me with each load, ultimately saves me the most time and hassle.
Reader Follow Up: Do you have any tips on how you make the laundry process quicker or simpler? Share your tips and tricks below!
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Whirlpool and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.