Hi everyone! My name is Emily and I’m excited to announce that I’m a new writer joining the With Our Best team! I’ve been following this blog for a while and love Karissa’s candid honesty in her reviews. I am looking forward to contributing to the awesome work of With Our Best!
A few fun facts about me:
- I spent the first half of my childhood in a liberal hippie town in upstate New York and then moved down to the durrrrty durrrrty south just in time for adolescence to really take charge.
- In the last 10 years, I have lived in Atlanta, DC, NYC, Kenya, England, and Denver.
- My husband and I quit secure jobs right as the recession really started to take off, and volunteered and traveled around the world for a year. We made it to 12 countries in all: Kenya, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Germany, France, Austria, England and Scotland.
- I’m married to a Brit and yes, I married him only for his accent! ☺
- I work in education policy and am pretty darn passionate about the subject, so be prepared to hear a rant about it once in awhile.
- I love to travel. I love to read. I love to sneeze. I love the way gasoline smells. I idolize my brother to an unhealthy degree. I won’t leave the house without my toenails painted. I wish I were born a redhead. I’m terrified of fish, even the little gold ones. And I love my husband and he loves me.
Check out my first review posted last week featuring Carapelli’s sensational Extra Virgin Olive Oil and look out for some exciting posts coming in the next couple weeks on Mario Badescu skincare, Microsoft Office, and the Mommy MD Guide to Pregnancy and Birth!