1. Since I wear a watch nearly 24/7 I don’t want something that is bulky and heavy. My wrist and my hand WILL get tired! But I don’t want something flimsy and light – it won’t last for the long run. That means, for me, it is important for a watch to be lightweight yet durable.
2. I also need to be able to read it. Simple, right? I don’t like when the numbers are too small to read or there are no numbers at all. I like the hour, minute AND second hand.
3. Lastly, I like a watch to be cute and fashionable. Of course not the most important of these requirements, but important enough. I have to wear watches all the time (pun intended) so I want something that is pleasing to the eye.
I was asked to review a J3LL watch (I thought they would send me one – they sent me FOUR!) I was happy to do this review (since I always need new watches) but I also knew I would be a tough critic based on my above criteria. Basically, these watches had a lot to live up to.
1. So first of all, based on my lightweight yet durable criteria, I give the watch an A+. The watches are made from ionized silicone rubber – very light, comfortable and soft on the skin. The material is flexible.
I have been wearing it for the past 2 weeks and it has lived up to my durability test so far. My dog thought it was a toy on my wrist though– and has bitten it a number of times… durability good, dog toy not so good.
I like to read the time quick – and not have to think! The only numbers that are on the face are 12 and 6, and there is a line across for 3 and 9.
But I will admit, I tend to be more picky about this, since I need to tell passengers on the plane the time frequently. More frequently than the average person just occasionally checking his/her watch. I do realize this is more personal preference, and that some people may like the more smooth look, without the numbers.
3. Cute and fashionable? You can be the judge. For me, it is kinda big and flashy. It is more of a mans watch. It sticks out significantly above my wrist and is bulky. But I do like that there are a ton of fun options to make this watch your own fun and funky watch.
The bands and faces are interchangeable. They are surprisingly very easy to change out. You can make a bunch of color combinations with the faces and bands. This is a fun feature that allows you to be as matchy-matchy or as goofy as you want! They can fit any style or outfit!
I always LOVE a great discount, and J3LL has some good ones! J3LL SPECIAL OFFERS:
(All this gives you $10 OFF and FREE Shipping! Whoa!! )
- LIke on Facebook = Free Shipping
- Google +1 = $2.50 OFF
- Tweet = $2.50 OFF
- $5 OFF Coupon Code = kO4Gi
Get Your Own!! You can purchase these colorful watches at J3LL online. The watches are $24.99 and the faces and bands sold separately are $14.99. You choose! They are sold in “The Clock” or “The Rock” styles, in various colors. And don’t forget to use the special discounts above for a really, really inexpensive watch!!
Win Your Own!! J3LL is going to give one lucky winner a set of 3 watches to mix n’ match! YAY! Enter below!
:: Giveaway ::
** Please leave your entries using the above Rafflecopter form. Comments do not count as entries.
** For the daily tweet: If the form doesn’t let you put in a daily tweet, please fill out the mandatory entry again and put “Do Not Count” in the Extra Info, Name or Email box. This will count as a daily tweet.
Disclosure: No compensation was given for this review/giveaway. I did receive a sample product from the sponsor for the purpose of this honest review. This did not affect the outcome of this review. All opinions are 100% my own. For full disclosure click here.